If you have a Maltese dog, there are certain foods that you should never feed them. These foods can be harmful to their health and should be avoided at all costs. The first food on the list is chocolate. Chocolate contains theobromine, which is toxic to dogs and can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even death in severe cases. It is best to keep all chocolate out of reach of your Maltese.
Grapes and raisins are another food that should never be given to your Maltese. These fruits can cause kidney failure in dogs, and even a small amount can be deadly. It is important to be aware of this and to keep grapes and raisins out of your dog's reach.
Onions and garlic are also foods that are toxic to dogs, including Maltese. These foods can cause damage to a dog's red blood cells, leading to anemia. It is best to avoid feeding onions or garlic to your Maltese.
Avocado is another food that should never be given to your Maltese. Avocado contains a substance called persin, which can be toxic to dogs and can cause symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea.
Other foods on the list include alcohol, caffeine, xylitol, macadamia nuts, and raw meat. These foods can all be harmful to your Maltese and should be avoided. It is important to be aware of what foods are safe for your Maltese and to avoid feeding them anything that could potentially harm their health.